Make this amazing gluten free vanilla slice – a decadent custard filling between two sponge slices. This is an Australian favourite we know you’ll love.
What you need to make gluten free vanilla slice
- 1 packet (250g) Gluten Free Custard Powder
- 350 mL water
- 350 mL milk (or your choice of milk substitute)
- 2 tblsp oil of choice
- 2 sheets of cooked GF puff pastry
- Mix all ingredients for filling in a bowl with an electric mixer for 1 – 2 minutes on high speed.
- Spread evenly at the desired thickness onto the first pastry sheet.
- Firmly press a second sheet on top of custard layer.
- Allow to set for 20 – 40 minutes before slicing.
- Dust icing sugar on the top
- For a smoother, creamier consistency, use milk.
- Product is suitable for freezing.