This is a sweet potato and pasta pie that’s cooked in an individual pie dish or oven proof bowl. Using one packet of Cheesy Mac and a medium sweet potato you can make two single serve vegan pies. That means if you use two of these boxes and a large sweet potato, you’ll have dinner that serves four at a cost of about $10!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 box of Mushroom Cheesy Mac
- 1 ½ cups milk or dairy free alternative
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp dairy free margarine
- Thinly slice a medium sweet potato.
- Place the slices in a small and oiled ceramic pie dish overlapping the layers. Bake for 20 minutes on 200°C.
- Whilst the crust is baking, make your Mushroom Cheesy Mac – following the instructions on the packet.
- Remove the pie crust and allow to cool. Rearrange the layers if needed to form a crust wall on the pie dish.
- Add the Cheesy Mac to the middle of the pie dish and return to the oven to bake for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with freshly topped parsley.
To increase the nutritional content add fresh (or frozen) peas, carrots and corn or any other vegetable that goes well in a pie.
Note: This recipe is suitable for vegans and those on a gluten free diet.