Bake a delicious reduced sugar banana cake recipe that’s gluten free and soy free. This recipes uses the Well and Good all purpose cake mix so it can be mixed and in the oven within a few minutes. A simple and fun recipe that the kids will love to be involved with.
What you need to make reduced sugar banana cake
- Preheat oven to 190C (170C fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 20cm round baking tray.
- In a large bowl combine cake mix, eggs, water and oil with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in mashed banana then pour batter into baking tin.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Once baked, remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Decorate with icing* or sprinkle with icing sugar.
To make the icing
*If you’re in a hurry you can buy gluten free icing from the supermarket pre-made. Another option is to use this recipe which works well.