These cakes are a fun alternative to a traditional full sized cake. They’re a perfect size for cake lovers or to share. This recipe uses the Well and Good muffin mix and you’ll need a set of mini springform pans. Alternatively, you could use the over-size muffin moulds which are readily available.
For the cakes
1. Preheat your oven to 195°C (180°C fan-forced). Grease and line four mini springform pans. We used 4″ pans but larger ones will be fine.
2. in a large bowl combine muffin mix, eggs, water and oil, stir with a wooden spoon or an electric hand mixer on low until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Fold in raspberries then pour batter into prepared baking tins.
4. Stick your cakes in the oven for 20-28 minutes. You’ll know they’re ready when the top of the cake springs back when pressed or when a skewer, inserted, comes out clean.
For the icing
1. Add butter, sugar and vanilla to a bowl and beat until smooth.
2. Add milk and beat for 30 seconds then add to cakes.