Check out this amazing Marble Cake Recipe that is a real crowd pleaser. Create a vegan option by simply replacing the eggs with an egg substitute.
What you need to make gluten free Marble Cake
- 1 packet Marble Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 125g butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp (60ml) boiling water for swirl
- 1 packet choc icing (provided)
- 75g soft butter or margarine
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (160°C fan forced)
- Grease or line a 20cm round or equivalent rectangular tin.
- In a large bowl combine eggs and margarine with marble cake mix and beat with electric mixer for about 1 minute.
- Pour the batter into prepared cake tin.
- In a small bowl combine choc swirl sachet and water then combine.
- Pour the chocolate swirl on top of the mix in the tin, gently swirl and fold with a fork.
- Set to bake for 35-45 minutes. Rest for 5min in the cake tin, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- In a bowl combine icing mixture with margarine, mix with hand mixer until icing is a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Allow cake to cool and then spread over icing with a spatula or broad knife.
Tip: Insert a skewer into the middle of the cake to check consistency, if the skewer is clean, your cake is ready to come out of the oven.