Gluten Free Trifle
This gluten free trifle is so amazingly good: it’s gluten free, and best of all, it doesn’t take a huge amount of effort to make. This dessert is made up of lots of layers: sponge cake, custard, jelly, peaches and cream. Thanks so much to Kate Hagan for letting us share her amazing creation.
What you need to make this dessert
- 1 sponge mix (make the Swiss roll following directions on the pack but don’t roll it up).
- 2 Tblsp Chambord liqueur.
- 1 custard mix (follow directions for pouring custard only a little thicker).
- 1 set lime jelly (made as per packet’s instructions).
- 1 set raspberry jelly (made as per packet’s instructions).
- 1 tin of peaches.
- 300ml cream whipped.
- 1 punnet raspberries.
- Make the Well and Good sponge cake. Follow the instructions for Swiss Roll on the back of pack.
- Once cooked allow to cool and leave overnight before making trifle.
- Add sponge to bottom of trifle bowl and add Chambord liqueur, or your favourite alternative.
- Make instant custard. Pour half onto sponge.
- Pour in green jelly.
- Pour in remaining custard and arrange peaches evenly over the top
- Add red jelly then top with cream and raspberries.