These gluten free sandwich biscuits are a delight. They look so good on the plate! A crispy chocolate biscuit combined with a yummy centre of icing – sure to please young and old.
What you need to make gluten free sandwich biscuits
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp boiling water
- Food colour of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (160°C fan forced)
- Line 2 biscuit trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine oil and eggs, with the mud cake mix. Stir with an electric mixer or wooden spoon to a smooth consistency
- Scoop balls of dough and place on baking tray.
- Use the bottom of a glass to press down biscuits and make round circles.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then allow to cool for a few minutes before allowing to fully cool on a wire rack.
- Cream butter until fluffy then add vanilla and combine.
- Continue beating and add icing sugar one cup at a time. Add small increments of water if the icing is too hard.
- Separate icing into bowls and add food colours as required.
- Spoon or pipe the icing onto a biscuit then top with another biscuit.