Try our recipe for gluten free gnocchi which is absolutely delicious and just like traditional gnocchi.
What you need to make gluten free gnocchi
- 100g Well and Good Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- 500g Desiree potatoes (washed), peeled, quartered
- Salt & ground white pepper
- Additional Gluten Free Pastry flour, to dust
- In a large saucepan boil the potatoes until tender, drain well.
- Transfer to a bowl and use a potato ricer to mash; Season, with salt and pepper.
- Set the potato aside until it is completely cool, and then add the flour.
- Mix by hand until ingredients are well combined and dough forms.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into smaller portions. Roll 1 portion at a time into a log, approx. 2cm thick and with lightly floured knife to cut into 2cm pieces. Set prepared Gnocchi aside on a lined tray or board.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil over medium heat. Add gnocchi one batch at a time, do not overcrowd the pot.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until they rise to the surface of the pot.
- Use a slotted spoon to drain Gnocchi, transfer to a serving dish, add your favourite sauce and serve.