Flatbread can be used as a base for pizza, toasted and broken into salads, as an accompaniment to curries or used to scoop up your favourite dips. This recipe uses our wholesome flour which offers more protein and fiber than our plain flour. If you prefer to use our plain flour, you’ll find it works fine in this flatbread too.
What you’ll need
- 2 cups wholesome flour
- 50g butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and bring the dough together by hand. Kneed the dough well until everything is combined.
- Wrap the dough and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Add olive oil to a pan and place the pan on a high heat.
- Split the dough into six even pieces, rolling into balls and flattening into desired flatbread shapes.
- Place each flatbread into the hot pan, flipping every minute until both sides are golden brown; you will know it’s cooked when the bread starts to bubble up and has smallish golden spots.
- Cook all flatbread pieces and serve immediately.