Follow this Gluten Free Christmas Cake Recipe to make a delicious fruit cake full or fruit, brandy and spices. A perfect treat for the festive season.
What you need to make a gluten free Christmas cake
- 1 packet (400g) All Purpose Cake Mix.
- ¼ cup (125ml) oil of your choice
- 3 Eggs
- Pinch of mixed spice (optional)
- 500g mixed dried fruit
- 200g glazed cherry’s
- ½ cup brandy
- ¼ cup (125ml) of liquid saved from the soaked fruit
- In a bowl combine mixed fruit, glazed cherry’s and brandy to soak overnight, if required add water to just cover the fruit.
- Strain the fruit and save ¼ cup of liquid for later use.
- Preheat your oven to 130°C (115°C fan forced)
- In a large bowl combine All Purpose cake mix, eggs, oil, mixed spice and remaining liquid from the socked fruit, Mix by hand or with an electric mixer until all ingredients are well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Grease and line a 15.5cm x 15.5cm square tin or use mini tins like in the pictures..
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin, and set to bake for 75-90 minutes. Bake for less time if you use several smaller tins – remove when browning on top and a skewer inserted removes clean.
- Leave cake to cool in the tin.
Gluten free Christmas cake.