We took our reduced sugar banana bread and raised the bar by combining fruit loaf and banana bread into one amazing loaf. Feel free to reduce the quantity of currants, goji berries and coconut to suit your personal taste.
What you need to bake this banana fruit loaf
- 1 Well and Good banana bread mix (discard the choc swirl sachet included with mix or keep for another use)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 175C (160C fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 28x15cm loaf tin.
- In large bowl, combine water, eggs, oil and banana bread mix. Add mashed banana and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add currants, goji berries and coconut and stir with spoon until combined.
- Pour batter into tin then stick your creation in the oven for about 45 minutes until nicely browned on top. Allow to cool before turning out onto a plate.
- Slice thickly and serve on its own, with butter, or add some cream cheese and honey.