I love Christmas cooking! There are lots of yummy treats to make and even though I am gluten free it doesn’t mean I have to miss out! My Gran, brother and I love making gluten free gingerbread men. At Christmas time we decorate them to celebrate summertime in Australia and put the people in bright summer beach gear. We then box up the people and place them in pretty Christmas boxes and give out with our Christmas cards.
Have fun cooking and a Merry Christmas to you all.
– Gracie xxx
What you need to make Gluten Free Gingerbread Men
- 125g butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup golden syrup
- 2 ½ cups Gluten Free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in saucepan over a low heat until all sugar has dissolved.
- Place flour and ginger in to large bowl. Whisk egg into cooled butter mix and then pour into flour mix until combined.
- Place dough on a floured surface and knead until light and smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cooled.
- Roll out dough on floured surface at ½ cm thickness using cutters you can cut gingerbread people. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- After the gluten free gingerbread men have cooled, you can decorate then with icing, gluten free lollies and sprinkles.