A recipe to make gluten free custard tarts that are a crowd favourite every time.
What you need to make a gluten free custard tarts
- 1 packet (250g) Instant Custard Powder
- 400 mL water
- 400 mL milk (or your choice of milk substitute)
- 2 tblsp oil of choice
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with an electric mixer for 20 – 30 seconds on high speed or until desired thickness.
- Pour into pre – baked sweet tart shells.
- Allow to set for 15 – 20 minutes.
Tip: Decorate with a dusting of ground nutmeg.
Optional: If desired, replace half the water with milk for a smoother consistency.
Excellent for freezing.
1 packet of Premium Biscuit Mix and 1 packet of Instant Custard Powder makes 8 custard tarts 30mm x 100mm.