Gluten Free Coconut Slice
What you’ll need to make gluten free coconut slice
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush a 3cm-deep 18 x 28cm slab pan with the melted butter to grease. Line the base and sides of the pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the flour, almond flour, caster sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and process until the mixture just forms a ball. you may need another egg. You can beat the extra egg and add a little at a time until you get the right texture.
- Press mixture evenly over the base of the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until just beginning to brown. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce temperature to 170°C.
- Place the coconut, eggs and caster sugar in a medium bowl. Mix with a fork until well combined.
- Use a hot knife to spread jam evenly over warm slice base. Spoon coconut mixture over jam and use the back of a spoon to gently press all over. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until top is golden and base is cooked through. Remove from oven and stand for 15 minutes. Use the baking paper to lift slice out of pan. Cut into squares.
This slice is perfect for freezing and using at a later date.