Gluten Free Chocolate and Coconut Lunchbox Slice
This is a delicious chocolate and coconut slice that is the ideal snack for kids lunch boxes. It’s easy to make and gluten free. By choosing a healthy breakfast cereal to use in this slice you’ll provide your kids with the energy they need to get them through the day. Several of the Well and Good team have tried this recipe out on their kids and it has always been a winner.
What you need to make gluten free chocolate and coconut slice
- 1 cup of breakfast cereal like gluten free cornflakes
- 1 cup (85g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (120g) caster sugar
- 1 cup (150g) Well & Good Self-raising flour
- 2 tbs cocoa
- 150g butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
- Extra 1 tbs cocoa
- 2 tbs hot water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 16x26cm slice tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl crush up the cereal with your hands until it resembles crushed biscuits Place cereal into a mixing bowl with coconut and sugar. Sift over flour and cocoa and stir in.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Pour over dry ingredients. Add vanilla. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and press down with your fingers until level. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a small bowl. Add water and stir well. Ice slice while still warm. Sprinkle with coconut. Cut the chocolate and coconut slice into squares to serve.