Bake these chocolate cup cakes topped with a liberal dose of silky smooth mousse.
What you need to make choc mousse cup cakes
- 375g choc mousse cup cake mix
- 75g mousse topping mix
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 300ml thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees (175 C fan forced). Grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line with patty pans.
- In a large bowl, beat cup cake mix, eggs, water and oil with electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Stick your creation in the oven for 16-20 minutes. Once baked place the cup cakes on a wire rack and let them cool completely.
- To make mousse topping, whip cream with electric mixer on high speed for about 2 minutes or until peaks form. Fold in the mousse mix and beat on low speed for another 30 seconds. Use a piping bag to top your cup cakes with choc mousse and decorate like a diva.
- Simply replace 3 eggs with 3 Tbsp ground flaxseed, soaked in 9 Tbsp of water.
- A tin of well chilled coconut cream is a perfect substitute for cream; just scoop out cold coconut cream separating it from coconut liquid and whip. The mousse should be chilled before topping.