This is a really simple recipe to make a loaf of amazing reduced sugar banana bread that’s free from gluten, nuts and soy. You can eat this on its own, with a knob of butter, or dress it up and create a breakfast that everyone will be banging on the front door to be a part of. We created a stack of thickly sliced bread and topped with mascarpone, honey and banana.
What you need to make reduced sugar banana bread
- 1 Well and Good banana bread mix + choc swirl sachet (included with mix)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp water for chocolate swirl
- Preheat oven to 175C (160C fan-forced).
- Grease and line a 28x15cm loaf tin.
- In large bowl, combine water, eggs, oil and banana bread mix. Add mashed banana and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Pour half the batter into your prepared tin.
- In a small bowl, combine the swirl mix with boiling water and whisk until smooth. Pour sauce over batter in tin and gently use a fork to create a swirl; top with remaining batter.
- Stick your creation in the oven for 40-45 minutes. When your loaf is baked let it cool a little before turning out onto a plate, slicing and creating a tower like the one in the picture. Then top with mascarpone, honey and banana. Alternatively, cut into thick slices and butter.