Follow our simple gluten free shortcrust recipe to make amazing pastry that is perfect for Eclairs, tarts, quiches and pies.
What you need for this gluten free shortcrust recipe
1 packet (400g) Premium Biscuit Mix.
- 175g soft margarine
If using butter
- 1 packet (400g) Premium Biscuit Mix.
- ¼ cup water
- 125g soft butter
- Preheat your oven to170°C (fan forced)
- In a large bowl combine margarine OR butter, water and biscuit mix. Mix by hand, until the dough comes together.
- Roll out and lay across flan tin, then press to mould into shape.
- Bake for 21 minutes for cold set fillings such as lemon tarts.
Note: remove enough dough before it comes together if you wish to make a crumble topping.
- Fill baked flan with fruit filling.
- Rub crumble dough to form an even cover on top of flan.
- Spray crumble with oil.
- Bake at 175 C for 21 minutes.