This is a tasty recipe for all you peanut butter lovers out there – peanut butter biscuits. It’s fairly straight forward and if you’re in a hurry, just skip dipping the biscuits in chocolate. A yummy snack for school lunch boxes or at home.
What you need to make gluten free peanut butter biscuits
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 125g butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free self raising flour
- 200g chocolate melts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add peanut butter, butter, honey and brown sugar. Mix until well combined with a wooden spoon.
- Add the egg and vanilla and stir until combined
- Add the flour and stir until combined.
- Roll into small balls (about 1 Tbsp) and place on baking tray. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten.
- Bake for about 10 minutes then remove from oven. After 5 minutes transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add chocolate to a bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir chocolate then microwave for another 15 seconds then stir. Continue heating for 15 seconds at a time until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip each biscuit into the chocolate then place on baking paper to set.