You will need
- 1 ½ cups (250g) Premium Self Raising Flour Mix
- ¾ – 1 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 6 tablespoons (150g) soft margarine
- 4 tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 1 cup (250ml) Water
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced)
- Grease or line a 20cm round tin.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well with a hand mixer or wooden spoon until all ingredients are well incorporated and batter is smooth.
- Spoon mixture into the tin.
- Set to bake for 50 – 60 minutes.
To make orange and poppy seed cake as pictured replace water with 1 cup orange juice and add 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds to dry ingredients. Golden Syrup will give extra sweetness. Adjust sugar addition to taste.